An Oversight Board has been established to direct the work of the staff of the Successor Agency. The purpose of the Oversight Board is to expeditiously wind down the affairs and obligations of the Successor Agency. The City Council also serves as the Oakland Redevelopment Successor Agency (ORSA) Board. Action items are approved by the ORSA Board prior to being considered by the Oversight Board. However, the Oversight Board and the State Department of Finance have ultimate approval authority pursuant to the dissolution law.
The Oakland Oversight Board is made up of seven members from the County, the City and local Special Districts.
Oversight Board Members
The City of Oakland Successor Agency Oversight Board members are as follows;
- Elsa Ortiz, AC Transit Board President - special district appointee
- Vacant, OUSD - education appointee
- Supervisor Keith Carson, Alameda County - county appointee
- Michele Byrd, Director of Housing & Community Development - city appointee
- Christia Mulvey, City of Oakland/IFPTE Local 21 - city labor appointee
- Ronald Little, Peralta Community College - community college appointee
- Frank Tucker, CEO Tucker Technology Inc. - county member of the public appointee
The Oversight Board will meet every fourth Monday of the month beginning at 4:30PM
Meetings are held at:
Oakland City Hall
1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza
Oakland, CA 94612
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Meeting Agendas and Supplemental Materials will be posted here three days prior to each meeting. Minutes will be posted here shortly after each meeting.
To view the agendas, minutes and additional materials related to Oversight Board Meetings, as PDF files, click on the links below.
|March 26, 2018||Item 2 - Oversight Board Minutes from January 22, 2018 |
Item 3 - ORSA Bond Refunding Staff Report and Resolution
Item 4 - Fox DDA Amendment Resolution and Staff Report
|January 22, 2018||Item 2 - Oversight Board Minutes from October 23, 2017 |
Item 3 - ROPS 18-19 and Admin Budget with Resolution
Item 4 - DOF Letter for 2017-4 and DOF Letter for 2017-5
Item 5 - CAC Memo on Countywide Board
Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule
Long Range Property Management Plan
- Long Range Property Management Plan
- Oversight Board Resolution Approving Revised LRPMP
- ORSA Resolution Approving the Revised LRPMP
- Department of Finance Correspondence re: the LRPMP
- Final Compensation Agreement
Oversight Board Resolutions
Finding of Completion
Pursuant to Health and Safety Code (HSC) Section 34179.7, the State Department of Finance issued a Finding of Completion to the Successor Agency on May 29, 2013, which allows the Successor Agency to:
- Retain dissolved RDA assets per HSC Section 34191.5 (c) (2)
- Place loan agreements between the former redevelopment agency and sponsoring entity on the ROPS, as an enforceable obligation, provided the oversight board makes a finding that the loan was for legitimate redevelopment purposes per HSC Section 34191.4 (b) (1)
- Utilize proceeds derived from bonds issued prior to Jan. 1, 2011 in a manner consistent with the original bond covenants per HSC Section 34191.4 (c)
Additionally, the Finding of Completion requires:
- The successor agency to submit a Long-Range Property Management Plan to the Department of Finance for Review and Approval per HSC Section 34191.4 (b)
Oversight Board Legislation
On June 29, 2011 Governor Jerry Brown signed legislation eliminating redevelopment agencies (RDAs) and directing the resolution of their activities.
To view the relevant legislation, please click here for Assembly Bill No. 26.