This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
The community has voiced concerns around the lack of parking and access to key facilities, double parking and loading challenges, and disabled parking placard misuse. These issues impact the safety and vibrancy of Oakland Chinatown. Limited parking availability makes it more difficult for visitors to access businesses and encourages drivers to double park or misuse loading zones. Chinatown also has a large disabled and senior population with accessibility concerns.
The Chinatown Loading & Parking Pilot project responds to constituent concern around parking and mobility challenges. This project is being conducted as part of Park Oakland, the City's Demand Responsive Parking and Mobility Management Initiative.
Meetings and Events
* Wednesday, August 29, 2018 from 3pm-5pm - Oakland-Alameda Access Project + Downtown Oakland Specific Plan community meeting at Asian Health Services
* Wednesday, September 5, 2018 from 1pm-4pm - First Wednesdays with Friends of Madison Park
* Tuesday, September 11, 2018 from 6pm-7pm - Chinatown Chamber Board meeting at Chinatown Chamber
* Wednesday, September 12, 2018 from 4pm-5pm - Chinatown Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council meeting at Hotel Oakland
* Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 11am-12pm - Asian Advisory Committee on Crime meeting at Chinatown Chambers
* Friday, October 5, 2018 from 5pm-8pm - Lincoln Summer Nights at Lincoln Square Park and Recreation Center