Since 2009, bikeways have been constructed along all the segments listed below.
- W MacArthur Blvd (Martin Luther King Jr Wy to Manila Ave): buffered bike lanes (June 2019)
- W MacArthur Blvd (San Pablo Ave to Broadway): bike wayfinding signs (October 2018)
- W MacArthur Blvd (Underpass to Market St): bike lanes installed by Caltrans (February 2018)
- W MacArthur Blvd (Market St to BART Frontage Rd): bike lanes funded by a Highway Safety Improvement Program grant (May 2017)
- W MacArthur Blvd (BART Frontage Rd to Telegraph Ave): bike lanes funded by the MacArthur BART Transit Village development (June 2016)
- BART Frontage Rd (W MacArthur Blvd to 40th St): separated bike lanes/sharrows installed by BART (October 2014)
- 40th St (Adeline St to Martin Luther King Jr Way and Telegraph Ave to Webster St): an experimental bikeway featuring green pavement and shared roadway bicycle markings (sharrows) and [Bicycles] May Use Full Lane signs (September 2013); see details below.
- W MacArthur Blvd (Telegraph Ave to Broadway): bike lanes funded by a Safe Routes to Transit grant (September 2012)
- 41st St (Webster St to Piedmont Ave): bikeway striping (sharrows and bike lanes) funded by a Safe Routes to Transit grant (March 2012)
- 40th/41st Streets (Adeline St to Piedmont Ave): bike wayfinding signs in collaboration with BART (May 2010)
- 40th St (Martin Luther King Jr Way to Telegraph Ave): bike lanes, MacArthur Transit Hub Improvement Project (April 2009)
As of August 2021, buffered bike lanes are pending construction on W MacArthur Blvd (San Pablo Ave to Underpass). Oakland's 2019 Bike Plan proposes buffered bike lanes along 40th St from Adeline St to Howe St and separated bike lanes on W MacArthur Blvd between Market St and Piedmont Ave.
Details on the 2013 "super-sharrow" experiment:
- Approved experiment request (January 2013)
- Project mailer (May 2013)
- Project overview flyer (October 2013)
- Analysis of Bike East Bay bicyclist survey (December 2014)
- Final report (April 2017)