After completing the CERT training, course graduates will:
- Be able to identify and anticipate hazards in the home and workplace
- Understand what steps to take in order to increase personal and family readiness
- Be familiar with the Incident Command System and basic functions
- Know how to organize themselves and spontaneous volunteers in a disaster or emergency
- Know how to apply basic medical techniques/basic first aid
- Be able to set up medical treatment areas
- Know how to help reduce survivor and DSW-V stress
- Know how to safely extinguish small fires
- Be able to conduct light search and rescue activities
- Be able to assist emergency responders in mass casualty incidents.
- Understand the appropriate actions to take in an active shooter situation
- Be able to promote CERT Training in Oakland
Oakland CERT Training is available free of charge, for Teens and Adults. Click here to register for a future CERT session.