On January 1, 2018, Oakland’s minimum wage increased to $13.23 from $12.36. The minimum wage must be paid to employees who perform at least 2 hours of work in a particular workweek within Oakland, including part-time, temporary, and seasonal employees.
Minimum Wage Law (2014) - Measure FF
Measure FF amandates that a minimum wage increase can occur yearly on January 1, depending on the cost of living and the regional Consumer Price Index (CPI).
Measure FF also requires:
- Paid sick leave: Any employee who performs at least two (2) hours of work in a particular week (also referred to as a “workweek”) within the geographic boundaries of Oakland is entitled to accrue paid sick leave.
- Payment of services charges to hospitality workers: Hospitality employers (such as hotels, restaurants, and banquet facilities) who collect service charges from customers must pay the entirety of those charges to the hospitality workers who performed those services for which the charge was collected.
Measure FF Frequently Asked Questions
Please note: our FAQs are a general guide and resource, and do not constitute legal advice.
Measure FF Enforcement
- Rules and Regulations for the Enforcement of Oakland's Minimum Wage Law (Measure FF)
- 屋崙 (奧克蘭) 市最低工資法 (MEASURE FF) 執行規則與條例
- Reglas y Reglamentos Para el Cumplimiento de la Ley de Salario Minimo de Oakland (Medida FF)
- CÁC QUY TẮC VÀ QUY ĐỊNH VỀ VIỆC THỰC THI LUẬT LƯƠNG TỐI THIỂU CỦA OAKLAND (DỰ LUẬT FF)
Oakland, Ca 94612