Entry into City of Oakland Senior Centers will be Limited to Appointments Only
In order to keep our members and staff as safe as possible, we will continue to reopen our facilities in phases under guidelines provided by local and State government agencies.
Call DOSC at (510) 238-3284 to set up a registration appointment for the new MySeniorCenter (MSC) system and receive your new key tag. Appointments can be made Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 2:30pm.
To assist in COVID tracking, you must have a key tag to access the activity offerings at this time. Members will receive a phone call as new activities open on an appointment-only basis.
Prior to facility entry,
members will be required to answer a COVID-19 Safety Questionnaire, have
their temperature taken, and maintain mask wearing at all times while
in the building.
The Following Services/Amenities are Unavailable
- Some in-person programs or activities
- Private facility usage/rentals
The Following Services are Available
- Food Distribution Programs
- Virtual Programs Platform
- Computer labs, game/pool room, outdoor spaces, and other lounge/program areas for center supported activities. (By Appointment Only)
How to Apply:
Call DOSC at (510) 238-3284 to set up an registration appointment for the new MySeniorCenter (MSC) system and receive your new key tag. Appointments can be made Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 2:30pm. Payment options include: check, money order or cash. Please make checks
and money orders payable to the City of Oakland.
Your Membership Matters! By joining or renewing your membership, you make our programs possible.
Member benefits include:
1. Access to our senior community: virtual activities/classes.
2. Quarterly "Senior Agenda" Newsletter mailed to your home and monthly "Vibrant Times" E-newsletter.
3. Access to valuable resources: Meal programs, Information & Assistance Specialists, and other critical senior services.
4. Discounted program and event fees.
5. Care packages and fun freebies.
6. Countless opportunities to meet new friends and have fun.
Senior Lunch Program
Spectrum is working in collaboration with SOS/Meals on Wheels to deliver chilled, portioned meals. To receive a meal, participants must complete a annual registration form.
Lunch is served: Monday - Friday, 11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. for pick-up at the Front Door (Bay Street side of building).
No senior over 60 will be refused a meal due to lack of funds.
Suggested Donation: $3.75 per meal (Meal ticket: $35.00/10 meals)
To reserve your take-out meal, please call 510) 238-3284 or email DOSC@oaklandca.gov indicating your days of choice.
Senior Center Rentals
The Downtown Oakland Senior Center is available for rental to organizations and businesses, but not to individuals for private events, during the evenings and weekends. Four beautiful halls and a Grand Ballroom can accommodate between 15 and 300 guests depending on the seating arrangements. While no tables, food or drinks are ever allowed in our Grand Ballroom, the facility does have other halls where dining for between 25 and 175 guests may take place.