Report a Property Complaint

The City of Oakland aims to keep our neighborhoods and community clean, safe and free of blight. You can report blight, housing or zoning violations online or with the OAK311 app.

What to Do

File a Complaint Online Report a Violation Using OAK311

Types of Violations

You can report the following types of complaints/violations:


  • Trash, debris, overgrown vegetation, graffiti, garbage bins left in public view


  • Work without permits, no heat, electrical issues, faulty plumbing


  • Unapproved business in a residential neighborhood, construction outside of standard hours

Was this page helpful?

Report a problem with this page