This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
The forms below are provided for your convenience, however, you should contact the Zoning Information Hotline at (510) 238-3911 or the Building Permits counter at 510-238-3891 or visit the Permit Center to talk to a planner, permit technician, or plan check engineer than can advise you on the permits your project may require. Proposals may involve multiple permit approvals depending on the complexity of the land use issues and location of the proposed project.
- Basic Application Form This application form is required for all planning & zoning permits except for Pre-applications and Creek Protection Permits described below.
- Supplemental Forms Most applications also require supplemental forms including findings for conditional use permits, design review and variances.
- Pre-application form Pre-applications are optional and allow you an opportunity to submit your preliminary plans for review by an assigned case planner.
- Appeal Application Form Appeal of a decision to the Planning Commission or City Council
- Creek Determination application form A Creek Determination may be requested to identify whether or not a property within the City of Oakland is a creekside property, and therefore subject to regulation by the Creek Protection Ordinance.
- Creek Protection Permit Application Form Creek Protection Permit is required for any proposed construction activity occurring on a creekside property. The extent to which your development will be regulated by the Creek Protection Ordinance depends upon the location and type of proposed work.
- Zoning Clearance Form (for Business License) The first step to permitting a new business (including a home-based business) is the approval by the Planning Department of a Zoning Clearance.
- Food Vending for Individuals (En Español)
- Food Vending for Group Sites (En Español)