- Basic Application for Development Review - This application form is required for all planning & zoning permits except for pre-applications and Creek Protection Permits described below.
- Supplemental Forms - Most applications also require supplemental forms including findings for conditional use permits, design review and variances.
- Pre-application Form - Pre-applications are optional and allow you an opportunity to submit your preliminary plans for review by an assigned case planner.
- Appeal Application Form - Appeal of a decision to the Planning Commission or City Council.
- Creek Determination Application Form - A Creek Determination may be requested to identify whether or not a property within the City of Oakland is a creekside property, and therefore subject to regulation by the Creek Protection Ordinance.
- Creek Protection Permit Application Form - Creek Protection Permit is required for any proposed construction activity occurring on a creekside property. The extent to which your development will be regulated by the Creek Protection Ordinance depends upon the location and type of proposed work.
- Zoning Clearance Form (for Business License) - The first step to permitting a new business (including a home-based business) is the approval by the Planning Department of a Zoning Clearance.
- Affordable Housing Density Bonus Supplemental Form - Project applicants may use this form to request a Density Bonus or financially equivalent incentive(s) for a housing development that includes plans to construct a specified percentage of housing for low income households, very low income households, senior citizens, or providing child care facilities.
Planning and Building Forms
This page provides a series of Planning & Building forms for submitting and processing zoning and building applications and permits. They are provided here for your convenience, but you may need to talk to a planner, permit technician, or plan check engineer to advise you on the permits your project may require. Proposals may involve multiple permit approvals depending on the complexity of the land use issues and location of the proposed project.
Last Updated: July 23rd, 2020 @ 11:42 AM
Building Permit Forms
- Application Worksheet for Building Permits
- Application Worksheet for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Permits (MEP)
- Alternative Materials and Methods Request (AMMR) Form
- Grading Permit Application
- Application for Solar Facilities
- Application for Temporary Occupancy (TCO)
- Application for Sewer Lateral, Curb, Gutter, SW Excavation Permit (Dept. of Transportation)
Permit-Related Checklists and Directives
- Plans Submittal Checklist for Additions and Alterations
- Plans Submittal Checklist for New Construction
- Survey and Site Plan Checklists for New Construction
- Deck Plans Checklist
- Building Directive Concerning Gender Neutral Facilities
- State Regulations for Water Metering per Senate Bill SB-7 for Multi-Unit Structures
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Checklist & Consolidated Application
- Certificate of Compliance with SB407 for Water Saving Plumbing Fixtures
- Electric Vehicle Service Equipment / Charging Station Permits
Plan Check Related Forms
Miscellaneous Forms & Records Requests
- Oakland CF1R Energy Form for Fenestration
- Letter of Agency for Property Owners
- Permit Transfer Letter
- Application for Report of Building Record (3-R Report)
- Expedited Records Research Request for Residential Report
- Viewing or Copying Archived Plans or Permits Guide (July 2020)
- Plan Retrieval Request Form (July 2020)
- Authorization to Duplicate Building Plans - Requestor Affidavit (July 2020)
- Authorization to Duplicate Building Plans - Property Owner Form (July 2020)
- Authorization to Duplicate Building Plans - Professional of Record (July 2020)