The Lakeside Drive/Lake Merritt Boulevard Complete Streets Paving Project will coordinate with a planned repaving project to extend the popular two-way cycletrack around Lake Merritt from Madison Street/Lakeside Drive to 1st Avenue/International Blvd.
- Provide a safe, welcoming place to ride a bike around Lake Merritt from Madison Street to E 12th Street
- Coordinate with AC Transit to provide bus-only lanes for the new Tempo BRT service, where feasible
- Alleviate congestion on the Lake Merritt mixed-use pathway
- Provide two-way bicycle connectivity on the lake side of Lake Merritt Boulevard and Lakeside Drive for recreational users, and provide one-way bike facility on south side of Lake Merritt Boulevard to connect to bike lanes on 1st Avenue and to planned bike facilities on 14th St
- Leave the freshly-paved roadway better than we found it, with a new roadway plan that encourages recreation and safe travel by all modes
- Late 2020 - Late 2021 - Public Outreach including online survey, online meetings with Neighborhood Councils and local stakeholders, corridor walks with residents.
- COMPLETE: Develop construction designs for Lake Merritt Boulevard, 1st Avenue, and Lakeside Drive
- Summer 2022: Target grant funding sources for this major capital project.