MeetingsView All Meetings »
The Cannabis Regulatory Commission's Responsibilities
- Make investigation, citation and arrest for private adult cannabis (marijuana) offenses the City’s lowest law enforcement priority.
- Advocate through its lobbyist and City officers for changes in state and other laws to:
- Allow and authorize taxation and regulation of cannabis (marijuana) for adults and eliminate criminal penalties for private, adult cannabis use.
- Grant local control to cities and counties to license and regulate cannabis businesses and collect appropriate fees and taxes.
- End the prosecution arrest, investigation and imprisonment for adult private cannabis offenses.
- Establish a system to license, tax and regulate cannabis (marijuana) sales if California law is amended to allow and authorize such actions.
- Create a committee to oversee the ordinance’s implementation and disbursement of revenue from licensing and taxation of businesses that sell cannabis.
Resolution to submit initiative to Voters: Resolution 78733
Establishment of Oversight Committee: Ordinance No.12694
Revision of Oakland Low Police Priority Policy: Resolution 79347
Ordinance amending appointment terms of members: Ordinance No. 12958