MeetingsView All Meetings »
NewsRelated News »
Please be sure to submit your application a minimum of 45 days in advance of your proposed event. Late submittals will not be accepted.
No more than twelve (12) permits for a Special Event, as that term is defined in Chapter 9.52, involving the sale or cannabis, may be issued for the same location or the same individual or entity per calendar year. Such permits shall be issued in accordance with state law and Chapter 9.52
The Cannabis Regulatory Commission's Responsibilities
- Make investigation, citation and arrest for private adult cannabis (marijuana) offenses the City’s lowest law enforcement priority.
- Advocate through its lobbyist and City officers for changes in state and other laws to:
- Allow and authorize taxation and regulation of cannabis (marijuana) for adults and eliminate criminal penalties for private, adult cannabis use.
- Grant local control to cities and counties to license and regulate cannabis businesses and collect appropriate fees and taxes.
- End the prosecution arrest, investigation and imprisonment for adult private cannabis offenses.
- Establish a system to license, tax and regulate cannabis (marijuana) sales if California law is amended to allow and authorize such actions.
- Create a committee to oversee the ordinance’s implementation and disbursement of revenue from licensing and taxation of businesses that sell cannabis.
Resolution to submit initiative to Voters: Resolution 78733
Establishment of Oversight Committee: Ordinance No.12694
Revision of Oakland Low Police Priority Policy: Resolution 79347
Ordinance amending appointment terms of members: Ordinance No. 12958