The Rent Adjustment Ordinance can be found in section 8.22 of the Oakland Municipal Code. The Ordinance is split into the following articles, or sections, all of which may be important for a RAP petition:
- Article 1: Residential Rent Adjustment Program. This section outlines the rules governing the RAP and the RAP petition process.
- Article 2: Just Cause for Eviction. This section outlines the rules outlining when an owner can and cannot evict a tenant.
- Article 3: Terminating Tenancy to Withdraw Residential Rental Units from the Rental Market.This section outlines the process for removing a rental unit from the market through the Ellis Act.
- Article 4: Rent Program Service Fee. This section outlines the requirements for paying the RAP service fee.
- Article 5: Tenant Protection Ordinance. This section outlines the rules surrounding the Tenant Protect Ordinance.