Read the Oakland Rent Adjustment Program Ordinance
Current Ordinance for the Rent Adjustment ProgramRead Online
Current Regulations for the Rent Adjustment ProgramDownload
Current Regulations for the Rent Adjustment Program Appendix ADownload
The Rent Adjustment Ordinance can be found in section 8.22 of the Oakland Municipal Code. The Ordinance is split into the following articles, or sections, all of which may be important for a RAP petition:
- Article 1: Residential Rent Adjustment Program. This section outlines the rules governing the RAP and the RAP petition process.
- Article 2: Just Cause for Eviction. This section outlines the rules outlining when an owner can and cannot evict a tenant.
- Article 3: Terminating Tenancy to Withdraw Residential Rental Units from the Rental Market.This section outlines the process for removing a rental unit from the market through the Ellis Act.
- Article 4: Rent Program Service Fee. This section outlines the requirements for paying the RAP service fee.
- Article 5: Tenant Protection Ordinance. This section outlines the rules surrounding the Tenant Protect Ordinance.
Previous Ordinance Versions
Residential Rent Adjustment Ordinance – effective August 1, 2014
Residential Rent Adjustment Ordinance – effective January 17, 2007
Previous Ordinance – effective from October 2003 – December 2006
Previous Ordinance – effective from July 2002 – September 2003
Previous Ordinance – effective from August 2000 – June 2002
Previous Regulation Versions
Rent Adjustment Program Regulations: Appendix A – effective January 9, 2015
Rent Adjustment Program Regulations – effective August 1, 2014
Rent Adjustment Regulations – effective November 18, 2011
Rent Adjustment Regulations – effective January 17, 2007