The Covid-19 pandemic had a negative impact on the availability of OPRYD certified aquatics staff. As we add additional certified lifeguards, program hours, days, and times are subject to change and/or expand.
You will notice that Lions Pool and Temescal Pool each feature weekdays without lap swim or other program offerings. On those dates, aquatics staff will shift to East Oakland Sports Center as we phase the re-opening of the Water Park.
For future Lap Swim Schedule updates visit our website by clicking here or visit
Please make note of the following: .
- Locker rooms and Showers are now open
- Pre-Admission Screening is still required before proceeding. Pre-Admission screening includes a series of questions and a temperature check. Additionally, swimmers must wear face-covering for the duration of the visit except when in water.
- Staff will verbally administer the following questions regarding exposure to COVID-19
- Does anyone in your household have or have had within the past fourteen days, any of the following:
- Persistent cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Has anyone in your household had close exposure to confirmed COVID-19 person/persons in the last 14 days?
- Have you taken medication to lower your temperature?
- Temperature check. Staff will check the temperature with a contactless thermometer. If the temperature is 100 or higher, the swimmer will not be admitted.
We are currently recruiting lifeguard certified staff which will allow us to expand lap swim and other program offerings. Click here to apply for open Aquatics Positions
OPRYD Aquatics will also be offering future Lifeguard Certification courses, visit us online by clicking here
For questions or concerns please email OPRAquatics@oaklandca.gov
Temescal Pool is located next to Oakland Technical High School near Studio One Arts Center. We serve the Downtown and North Oakland community with fun, safe and recreational programs. Our programs include swimming classes and lessons for tiny tots, children and adults, summer swim league, recreational swim and so much more.
Temescal Pool 2022 Summer Schedule
(Monday 6/5/22 - Friday 7/29/22)
6:30am-8:30am (Monday & Wednesday)
11:45am - 1:45pm (Monday - Friday)
5:00pm - 7:00pm (Monday - Friday)
11:00am - 2:30pm (Saturday)
PUBLIC RECREATIONAL SWIM
2:00pm - 3:30pm (Monday-Friday)
3:30pm - 5:30pm (Saturday)
3:30pm - 5:00pm (Monday-Friday)
SWIM LESSONS (30-minute classes)
Youth & Preschool
8:45am -11:15am (Monday-Thursday)
Parent & Child
Holiday Closures (2021-22)
Monday, July 4th (Independence Day)
Monday, September 5th (Labor Day)
Friday, September 9th (Admissions Day)
Friday, November 11th (Veterans Day)
Thursday, November 24th (Thanksgiving)
Friday, November 25th (Day After Thanksgiving)
Saturday, December 24th Starting at 2:30pm (Christmas Eve)
Sunday, December 25th (Christmas)
Saturday, December 31st Starting at 2:30pm (New Year’s Eve)
Sunday, January 1st (New Year’s Day)
Lap Swim Fees (Outdoor Pools)
~Exact Change Required~
|Senior (55 and over)||$4.00|
|Adult Pass of 10 Swims*||$50.00 ($5/swim)|
|Adult Pass of 30 Swims*||$135.00 ($4.50/swim)|
|Senior Pass of 10 Swims*||$31.00 ($3.10/swim)|
|Senior Pass of 30 Swims*||$75.00 ($2.50/swim)|
*All Swim Pass Memberships expire 1 year from the date of purchase.
Public Swim Fees (Outdoor Pools)
~Exact Change Required~
|Youth (under age 18)||$1.00|
|Senior (55 and over)||$2.00|