Update: Lions Pool is open for Adult Lap Swim by reservation only. Swim reservations are offered Monday – Thursday, 11:00am – 3:15pm.
Please make note of the following:
- At this time, lap swim reservations will be limited to Oakland-residents.
- Secure OPRYD Lap Pass before reserving lane via SignUpGenius.
- The SignUpGenius link will be sent to the OPRYD Aquatic List Serve.
- Lap swim reservations will be for 30-minutes.
- Each swimmer is limited to ONE 30-minute reservation per two-week session. Swimmers who violate this policy will have their reservation canceled and may have pool access suspended.
- Locker rooms
will remain closed to the public per Alameda County Public Health Department's orders.
facilities in the park will be available for use during pool operational hours.
- Enter Lions Pool from the deck gate to the immediate right of the main facility entrance.
- Pre-Admission Screening is required before proceeding to the assigned lane. Pre-Admission screening includes a series of questions and a temperature check. Additionally, swimmers must wear face-covering for the duration of the visit except when in water.
- Staff will verbally administer the following questions regarding exposure to COVID-19
- Does anyone in your household have or have had within the past fourteen days, any of the following:
- Persistent cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Has anyone in your household had close exposure to confirmed COVID-19 person/persons in the last 14 days?
- Have you taken medication to lower your temperature?
- Temperature check. Staff will check the temperature with a contactless thermometer. If the temperature is 100.4 or higher, the swimmer will not be admitted.
- We do intend to reopen Temescal Pool soon. We are in the process of securing a permit from Alameda County to operate. In addition, we are currently recruiting lifeguard certified staff to operate the facility. Click here to see view more information and to apply r open positions. We will send an update via the OPR Aquatic List Serve as we progress towards opening Temescal.
Lions Pool is located at Dimond Park near Dimond Recreation Center. We serve the Dimond & Laurel district with fun, safe and recreational programs. Our programs include swimming classes and lessons for tiny tots, children and adults, swim team practice and much more.
Lions Pool Schedule (reservation required. No Walk-Ups)
Monday – Friday
11:00am – 3:15pm
Holiday Closures (2021-22)
Monday, May 31st (Memorial Day)
|Sunday, July 4th (Independence Day)|
|Monday, September 6th (Labor Day)|
|Thursday, September 9th (Admissions Day)|
|Thursday, November 11th (Veterans Day)|
|Thursday, November 25th (Thanksgiving)|
|Friday, November 26th (Day After Thanksgiving)|
|Friday, December 24th starting at 2:30pm (Christmas Eve)|
|Saturday, December 25th (Christmas)|
|Friday, December 31st starting at 2:30pm (New Year's Eve)|
|Saturday, January 1st (New Year's Day)|
Lap Swim Fees (Outdoor Pools)
~Exact Change Required~
|Senior (55 and over)||$4.00|
|Adult Pass of 10 Swims*||$50.00 ($5/swim)|
|Adult Pass of 30 Swims*||$135.00 ($4.50/swim)|
|Senior Pass of 10 Swims*||$31.00 ($3.10/swim)|
|Senior Pass of 30 Swims*||$75.00 ($2.50/swim)|
*All Swim Pass Memberships expire 1 year from the date of purchase.
Public Swim Fees (Outdoor Pools)
~Exact Change Required~
|Youth (under age 18)||$1.00|
|Senior (55 and over)||$2.00|