- Afro-Haitian Dance for children. Wednesdays 2-3 pm
- Cooking classes for children. Wednesdays A 2-3 pm. B 3:15-4:15 pm.
- Ceramics classes for children. Wednesdays 2-3 pm.
- Double Dutch classes for children. Wednesdays 3-4 pm.
- Karate (children & adults) -Click here for days & times
- Tai Chi (adults and seniors) - Thursdays 11:00 am-12:00 pm. Wednesdays 7:45 pm - 8:45 pm (beginning 2/5/20). $15 per class drop in fee or buy a 4 class card for $40.
- Toastmasters helps you become a better speaker and presenter, communicate with confidence, develop your leadership skills, and listen effectively. 1st, 3rd & 5th Tuesdays of the month, 7-8 pm
- Yoga (adults) - Monday & Wednesday. 10-11 am & 6:30 - 7:30 pm. $15 per class drop in fee or buy a 5 class card for $45 or a 3 class card for $30. All class cards expire 7 weeks after purchase date.
Registration for our adult/senior classes (Karate, Yoga & Tai Chi) are ongoing and you may register & begin at any time at the center.
Renting Redwood Heights Recreation Center
Please call the center, 510-482-7827 for more information on reserving the facility.
- $300 deposit
- $75 per hour (Oakland residents) or $90 per hour (non-Oakland residents). A minimum of 4 hours is required to rent the facility. Proof of residency is required. In the hours that you pay for, you need to include all of your decorating / cleanup time. You are not given any "free" time. Please note that your cleanup & chair & table take down will begin 1 hour prior to your scheduled end time (which is during your clean up time).
- Please note that you are not refunded any "unused" hours (ie. if you are out early). Please be sure of your requested rental time.
- $50 flat fee for the use of the kitchen
- $150 mandatory setup / take down tables and chairs (you will provide us with a diagram of how you want the tables & chairs set up. You are responsible for decorating and clean up of the facility within your scheduled (paid) hours.
- Please note that live bands are not allowed. Any music / sound must have volume control.
- Please note that all fees are due (paid in full) at the time you make your reservation / fill out application.
- $75 deposit
- $25 per hour
- Maximum of 25 people allowed
- Must end by 11 am Saturday & 12 noon Sunday.
- 61 days or more notice prior to your event: Forfeit 1/2 of deposit
- 31-60 days notice prior to your event: Forfeit entire deposit
- 11-30 days notice prior to your event: Forfeit entire deposit + 1/2 of rental fees paid
- 10 days or less: Forfeit entire deposit + entire rental fees paid
Available rental times:
Saturdays 11:00 am - 7 pm
Sundays 12:00 pm- 7 pm
All indoor rentals must end by 7 pm (cleaned up and out).
All outside BBQ rentals must end by 11 am Saturdays & 12 noon Sundays.
Our rental facilities include:
- Social hall/multipurpose room
- BBQ area
- 75 chairs available
- 15 round tables available
- 14 rectangle tables available
- Kitchen (amenities: Fridge & freezer, stove, oven, sink, microwave, and ample counter space)
- Outside patio area
- Tables & chairs
Other features are:
- Grass field
- Children’s play structures
Rental Application Process
To secure an available date, please ask to put a 24 hour hold onto that date. Within those 24 hours (only during open office hours), you would need to come in and fill out the application and pay for reservation IN FULL.