FISHING is never allowed in Sausal Creek. This is a fish and game ordinance to help protect our native fishes.
Field 1 usage is reserved for rec center programming at all times. This is not an area for group picnic usage. No tables or chairs allowed on the grass to prevent dangerous holes from forming.
Dogs must remain on leash at all times. Failure to do so will result in fine. Dogs are not allowed on the Tennis Courts. Please pick up after your dog. Bags are provided in containers around the park.
Due to Oakland Parks, Recreation, and Youth Development's Covid guidelines permits will not be issued at this time.
The Dimond Recreation Center is currently NOT allowing indoor or outdoor rentals until further notice. revised 6/22*
Contact central reservations for further updates.
ALL BBQ AND PICNIC AREAS REQUIRE A PERMIT ISSUED.
We do NOT use a 1st come-1st served option to claim any area in the park.
BBQ, PICNIC & FACILITY RENTALS
• Rental permits for the facility, BBQ & Picnic areas are required
• Groups of 25 or more are required to obtain a Park Use Permit. Groups of 49 or more will also need to obtain an OPD Permit after completion of our Permit. Smaller groups should obtain permits to guarantee a space is reserved for their event. All Permitted groups get protected use of their rental space.
• We do not allow; Alcohol, Smoking (of any kind),Drugs, Weapons, Portable BBQ's (propane or charcoal), Radios, boom boxes, DJ's, musical instruments, Jumpers, generators, gas-powered scooters in the park. Dogs must be on leash and owners must pick up poop.
REDWOOD GROVE BBQ AREA or SEQUOIA GROVE BBQ AREA
• Both sites have enough tables and seating for 100 people, 2 large BBQ grills, Water access and garbage receptacles.
• $25 per hour with a 4 hour minimum.
• $100 deposit - returned to the payee's credit card after a successful and properly run event. This means fully cleaning the area your group used & followed all the rules as signed in the permit contract.
• Holiday charge + 50% of base rental fee (1/2 100=$50).
• Permit requests under 30 days before your event will be charged an admin fee of $75 to speed up the permit process.
- There is a $15.00 non-refundable application fee for family and smaller events ($30.00 for Special events)
DIMOND GROVE PICNIC AREA
• Dimond Grove Picnic Area is available for Day of Use rentals at a fee of $25.00 per strip of tables (2 long tables with seating on each side are included).
• No heating/cooking allowed in this area. No Propane or portable bbq's, or sterno. Cold foods, previous cooked foods that require no heating, may be brought in.
• Dimond Grove Picnic Area is also available for rental as overflow seating for larger group (over 100 ppl) events that rent either of the Dimond BBQ areas for $100.00 per event through Dimond Rec office, when space is available, only).
Contact the Aquatics Department to reserve Lions Pool.
DIMOND REC CENTER FACILITY RENTALS
- Limited events may be held in our building when space/staffing are available.
- Social Hall can seat 75 people. Club room can seat 25.
- Social Hall fees: $90 per hour (2 hour minimum)
- $200 deposit
- $150 table and chair set-up/usage
- $50 kitchen use for the day (with room rental)
- There is a $15.00 non-refundable application fee ($30.00 for larger events)
Dimond Park has many features including:
- Lions swimming pool
- Newly Resourced Tennis Courts
- Sausal Creek hiking trails
- Two youth playgrounds for children 5 & up
- Tot lot for children 5 & under
- Dimond Native Demonstration Garden
- Dimond Education Garden
We require a permit to our BBQ and picnic areas. Request a BBQ permit at least 30 days before your event. You can request a picnic permit up to the day before your event (space permitting). Anyone with a permit has rights to the space they have rented. Coming early morning is not a guarantee of a space for your party.
For information on Lion's Pool, please contact 510-482-7852 or contact the Oakland Aquatics Department
For more information on the tennis courts located in Dimond Park, please contact Marc Weinstein at MWeinstein2@oaklandca.gov or Davi's Tennis Stadium.