As the City Council has moved all of its meetings to a virtual setting (Zoom) for the remainder of 2020, this has suspended the ability to submit online speaker cards for Council and Committee meetings. However, there are multiple ways to for member of the public to comment on City Council agenda matters:
- You can submit an eComment before the meeting. To send your comment directly to Council members and staff BEFORE the meeting starts please click on https://oakland.legistar.com/calendar.aspx and click on the “eComment” link under “eComment” for the corresponding meeting. eComment submissions close five (5) minutes before posted meeting time.
- You can send emails to the entire City Council by emailing email@example.com or emailing your Councilmember directly. Unsure of who your Councilmember is? Use the Councilmember locator found here - http://gisapps1.mapoakland.com/councildistricts/.
- There are two ways to comment via Zoom; via computer (desktop/laptop)/smart device (phone/tablet) and by phone (mobile or landline).
- To comment by Zoom video conference (computer/smart device), click the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken on the eligible Agenda item. You will then be unmuted, during your turn, and allowed to make public comments. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted.
- To comment by phone, please call on one of the previously listed phone numbers. You will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing “*9” to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken on the eligible Agenda Item. You will then be unmuted, during your turn, and allowed to make public comments. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted.