Please visit Councilmember Kalb's Covid-19 Resources and Information page for a summary of resources and information on the COVID-19 health emergency in Oakland, compiled by the Councilmember and his staff.
Councilmember Dan Kalb
Thank you for visiting my website! I am honored to serve the residents of District One and our entire city.
Read about Councilmember Kalb's efforts to keep District One and the larger Oakland community up to date on issues affecting our residents.
Councilmember Kalb promotes data-driven solutions to the toughest challenges facing our communities. Read more about his policy priorities and legislative accomplishments:
Your issues are important to us! Contact Councilmember Kalb's office (see "Contact Us' section below) to request information or support.
Many issues can be resolved by reporting to Oak311 (see Popular City Services section below). Once you have a case number please contact my office if the issue is not resolved within a reasonable amount of time and we can follow up.
District One residents can sign up for a meeting with Councilmember Kalb - now virtual - usually on the first Saturday of every month. Contact Deidra Moss at email@example.com, or 510-238-3557 to reserve a 20-minute slot to speak on any issue.
Popular City Services
Here are some helpful links to the services many constituents contact our office about.
Engage with City Council
Councilmember Kalb has worked to improve the integrity and ethics of local government. Here are some links to help you engage.
- View City Council Meeting Schedule, Agendas, Minutes and Video
- Ethics for City Staff, Elected Officials and Board Members
- City of Oakland Government 101
- Subscribe to City Council Meeting Notices
- Submission of Online Speaker Cards Suspended; Other Options To Address the Council Available
- Local Appointments List
About the District 1 Councilmember
First elected in 2012 and currently in his second term as Oakland District One City Councilmember, Dan Kalb has spent virtually his entire adult life as an environmental, public interest and social justice advocate. With a reputation as a proactive and effective local legislator, Dan authored the ordinance to ban the storage and handling of coal in Oakland, wrote the charter measure to create an independent Police Commission, and has been a long-time advocate for affordable housing.
Dan continues to promote data-driven solutions to the toughest challenges facing our communities—including combating climate change and its impacts, investing in public education and rehabilitation, promoting wildfire prevention and disaster resiliency, instituting meaningful government reform, and of course, resolving our region’s housing affordability crisis.
In 2019, Dan was selected by his colleagues to serve as is the City Council President Pro Tempore and serves on the following City Council committees: Public Works (Chair); Finance & Management; Life Enrichment; and Education Partnership.
Dan and his wife Valarie live in North Oakland and enjoy hiking in our beautiful East Bay Regional Parks.
- Main Office Line: (510) 238-7001
- Media Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 510-238-7013
- Scheduling Requests: email@example.com | 510-238-3557
- Constituent issues in North Hills, Rockridge & Upper Rockridge, Temescal: Lisa Jacobs | firstname.lastname@example.org | 510-238-7014
- Constituent issues in Golden Gate, Santa Fe, Longfellow, Piedmont: Deidra Moss | email@example.com | 510-238-3557
- Constituent issues in Bushrod, Mosswood: Seth Steward | firstname.lastname@example.org | 510-238-7013