California's Building Standards Code has changed under the state's three-year update cycle. Changes to the codes affect all new building permit applications submitted on or after January 1st, 2020.
Please click the links below to review summaries outlining the most significant changes to the California Building Standards Code, including residential, electrical, plumbing and mechanical codes. Please consult the published California Building Standards Codes for specific language and applicable City of Oakland amendments.
- 2019 CA Building Code Summary of Changes
- 2019 CA Residential Code Summary of Changes
- 2019 CA Electrical Summary of Code Changes
- 2019 CA Plumbing Summary of Code Changes
- 2019 CA Mechanical Summary of Code Changes
- 2019 Oakland Amendments to the California Building Code
- Building Inspections
- Building Permits
- California Building Standards Codes
- Planning and Building Codes
Department Contact Information:
Planning Counter (510) 238-3911 | Building Counter (510) 238-3891