The Oakland Police Department has activated a new Hate Crime Hotline to help combat and investigate hate crimes that occur in the city of Oakland.
NewsRelated News »
Clarification to Misleading SF Chronicle Article which inaccurately stated, “Oakland police applicants asked to allow disclosure of whether they were sexually assaulted.”
San Francisco Chronicle Makes Clarification to Misleading Readers in October 21, 2018 Article
On October 21, 2018, the San Francisco Chronicle inaccurately published an article entitled, “Oakland police applicants asked to allow disclosure of whether they were sexually assaulted” then published a clarifying article (link below).
Anne E. Kirkpatrick
Oakland Chief of Police
As the leader of the Oakland Police Department, Chief Anne E. Kirkpatrick manages and oversees the planning, development and implementation of all law enforcement and crime prevention programs for the City. She provides leadership, vision and direction to the Department and its command staff and promotes collaboration, communication and coordination with other City agencies and community organizations.
Police Administration Building
Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone: (510) 238-3455
- Non-emergency: (510) 777-3333
- Media Inquiries: (510) 238-7230
- Crime Stoppers: (510) 777-8572
- Homicide: (510) 238-7950
- Illegal Drugs: (510) 238-3784
- Firearms: (510) 535-4867
- Sexual Assault: (510) 637-0298
- Phone: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) + Police Concerns? Contact OPD's LGBTQ Liaison: Officer Johnna Watson @ JAWatson@oaklandca.gov