This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
Police Officer Trainee - Duties and Responsibilities
After completion of the Police Academy, a successful Police Officer Trainee will patrol the City’s commercial, industrial, and residential districts under general supervision, and work closely with the community to preserve the peace and promote public safety. Duties include carefully documenting activities in written reports and statements; providing court testimony; investigating crimes such as burglary, robbery, assault, and disturbing the peace; assisting firefighters and emergency medical technicians; and performing related duties as assigned.
- Age: 21 (at the time of graduating from a 6-month academy) or older
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- License: Have a valid California Driver’s License by date of hire
- Record: No felony convictions or other convictions which would prevent carrying a gun
- Citizenship: U.S. citizen or in the citizenship application process
Police Officer Trainee Job Application Process Steps:
Step 1. Apply for the Job.
Step 2. Agility Testing, the Written Examination, and the Oral Board Interview.
Step 3. Background Investigation
Step 4. Conditional Offer of Employment