This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
What are some common parking violations?
Parking fines are established by City Ordinance through a vote of the Oakland City Council and become part of the Oakland Municipal Code (OMC). Below are some common violations, including OMC reference and the corresponding fine:
- 10.36.050 OMC -- Expired meter - $58
- 10.36.030B OMC -- Failure to display parking receipt - $58
- 10.40.020A1 OMC -- Parking in a Red Zone - $83
- 10.40.090E OMC -- Parking in a Bus Zone - $265
- 10.08.150 OMC -- Impeding a lane of traffic (double parking) - $41
- 10.16.090 OMC -- Failure to cramp wheels on grade - $45
- 10.28.040 OMC -- Parking in the wrong direction on a one-way street - $48
- 10.28.040B OMC -- Parking in the wrong direction on a two-way street - $63
- 10.44.120A OMC -- Parking in a Residential Parking Permit Zone - $83