Request an Administrative Hearing for Parking Ticket Decisions

Request an Administrative Hearing by mail or in person if you challenged a ticket and do not agree with the decision. You have to pay your ticket before you request an Administrative Hearing.

Hearing Deposit Waiver Form

Hearing By Mail

Mail a letter and a check or money order made to "City of Oakland" for the full amount to:

Parking Citation Assistance Center - Hearing Department
250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 6300
Oakland, CA 94612

The letter should explain why you are challenging the ruling. Be sure to send any documents that support your case.

In Person Hearing

Come to the Parking Citation Assistance Center located in the same plaza as Oakland City Hall. The address is:

250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 6300
Oakland, CA 94612

We accept credit or debit card, check, money order and cash. Hours at:

What happens when you ask for an Administrative Hearing?

  • After you hear the decision about the parking ticket you challenged, you have 21 days to schedule an Administrative Hearing.
  • You must pay the same amount of money as the ticket fine before scheduling a hearing. If you win your administrative hearing, you will get that money back. If you cannot afford to pay, you may be able to get your fee waived. For more info, check out the Hearing Deposit Waiver form.
  • You will receive a notice in the mail with the date and time of your hearing
  • All hearings are held Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and are held at the Eastmont Mall Police Substation, 2651 73rd Avenue, Upper Lever, Oakland, CA 94601

What if I can't go to my scheduled hearing?

If you can't go to the scheduled hearing you can reschedule the hearing or ask for a hearing by mail. To reschedule the hearing, call the Hearing Department at (510) 238-4484 at least five calendar days before the scheduled hearing. Follow the instructions above to ask for a hearing by mail.