Alert: An Air Quality Advisory has been issued for the entire Bay Area. The current air quality in Oakland is UNHEALTHY. Stay inside. Limit outdoor activities.
Challenge your ticket online by following the step-by-step instructions found on this page. It may take up to 48 hours for your ticket to show up online.
*It may take up to two weeks for handwritten tickets to show up online. If you received a handwritten ticket, we recommend using one of the other ways to challenge your ticket.
By mail, by fax or in person
- Complete the Contest Form or write a letter explaining why you are challenging the ticket. The letter needs to have your name, address, telephone number, current mailing address and the parking ticket citation number.
- Return the Contest Form or letter, the original parking ticket and additional documents to the Parking Citation Assistance Center. The address, hours of operation and fax number are listed below.
- Always keep a copy of your ticket and documents for your records.
Parking Citation Assistance Center
250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 6300
Oakland, CA 94612
The Parking Citation Assistance Center is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fax: (510) 986-2699
How long do I have to challenge?
21 days from issue date. The issue date is the date written on the ticket; it is not the date that you saw the ticket.
What do I need?
You need to have documents or evidence that support your case. Documents can be photos, receipts or any other evidence.
What happens after I challenge a ticket?
- We will review your ticket and and send you a letter with our decision.
- If the ticket is upheld, you will have 21 days from the date on the letter to pay your ticket or ask for an Administrative Hearing.
- If you do not agree with the final decision, you can ask for an Administrative Hearing.
Call (800) 500-6484. We offer assistance in English, Spanish, Cantonese and Mandarin.