Important: Oakland is developing a 10-year Equitable Climate Action Plan (ECAP). Let us know what you think.
Apply for City Jobs
Thanks for your interest in working with the City of Oakland.
First time applying for a City of Oakland job? Follow the below steps:
- Search for jobs that fit your skills and interests.
- Click "Apply" button.
- Follow the instructions to create an account with a user name and password.
- Click on the "Build Job Application".
- Save your job application as you go.
- Applications must be completed and submitted before the Application Closing Date/Time. Be sure to allow plenty of time to complete the application process before the closing time. Late submissions are not accepted.
Tips for Creating a Successful Job Application
- Complete all of the job application questions.
- In your answers include dates, locations and references.
- Consider writing your responses in a separate document and then cut and paste your responses into the online job application.
- Be sure to complete and submit your job application before the position's closing date. After the closing date, your application might not be reviewed.