This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
First time applying for a City of Oakland job? Follow the below steps:
- Search for jobs that fit your skills and interests.
- Click "Apply" button.
- Follow the instructions to create an account with a user name and password.
- Click on the "Build Job Application".
- Save your job application as you go.
- Applications must be completed and submitted before the Application Closing Date/Time. Be sure to allow plenty of time to complete the application process before the closing time. Late submissions are not accepted.
Tips for Creating a Successful Job Application
- Complete all of the job application questions.
- In your answers include dates, locations and references.
- Consider writing your responses in a separate document and then cut and paste your responses into the online job application.
- Be sure to complete and submit your job application before the position's closing date. After the closing date, your application might not be reviewed.