Application for Sewer Lateral (SL Permit)


Questions? Please call the DOT Permit Counter

(510) 238-3199

An SL Permit allows a contractor with the appropriate contractor’s license to install a sewer lateral in private property or in the City Right-Of-Way. Applicants must request for inspections at least 48 hours in advance of scheduled work.Please call (510) 238-3561 for inspections. A City Inspector will inspect the pipe material, connections, and request compaction test results. For more information, please see the FAQs and Informational Flow Charts in the application link above.

DOT Permit Counter Hours

Monday: 8am-12pm / 1pm-4pm

Tuesday: 8am-12pm / 1pm-4pm

Wednesday: 9:30am-12pm / 1pm-4pm

Thursday: 8am-12pm / 1pm-4pm

Friday: 8am-12pm / 1pm-4pm


250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, 4th Floor, Suite 4314, Oakland, CA 94612