ADDITIONAL PERMITS AND FEES
Depending on the project, additional permits and related fees may be required from other city departments and local agencies, including but not necessarily limited to:
From the Department of Transportation
- Sewer lateral permit – For adding, replacing, extending or repairing the main sewage drain line that runs from the City’s main line to the building
- Excavation permit – For digging in the City Right-of Way such as the street.
- Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk permit – For installing, replacing, modifying or repairing the curbs, gutters, sidewalks and driveway entrances at the street.
- P-Job permit – For public improvements in the City Right-of Way.
- Encroachment permit – For construction in the City Right-of Way.
- Obstruction permit – For temporarily blocking spaces in the City Right-of Way such as installing scaffolding on sidewalks and reserving street parking spaces.
From non-City of Oakland agencies: