- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8am – 12 Noon
- Wednesday: 9:30am – 12 Noon
Please note that Building Plan Check Engineers can only address Building Code related issues pertaining to their plan review. Examples of relevant topics include:
- Questions pertaining to annotations on documents approved by a specific Plan Check Engineer
- Questions pertaining to plan check comments by a specific Plan Check Engineer
- Questions pertaining to proposed revisions to documents approved by a specific Plan Check Engineer
- Questions pertaining to a correction notice issued by a City of Oakland inspector regarding a discrepancy in the plans approved by a specific Plan Check Engineer. When possible, the City of Oakland inspector AND the specific Plan Check Engineer should be present
All other meetings and consultations are by APPOINTMENT ONLY
To schedule an appointment with, or to ask a question about a specific plan review by a specific Plan Check Engineer:
- Obtain contact info for a specific engineer at the City of Oakland’s Building & Infrastructure Plan Check Engineers Directory and contact him or her to arrange a meeting. To determine the name of a specific Plan Check Engineer for an assigned building permit application, visit https://aca.accela.com/oakland. Search for a specific permit number and navigate to the Processing Status to find his/her name under Plan Check Review.
- Provide property address and building permit number. Provide as much specificity as possible as to the nature of your question and codes (if known) in question.
- When scheduling an appointment, please provide all relevant information such as date desired for appointment, job address, permit number(s) and reason(s) for desired appointment.
FOR GENERAL BUILDING CODE RELATED QUESTIONS:
- See the Engineer of the Day (EOD) at the 2nd Floor Permit Counter of 250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza.
- Contact the City of Oakland via email at email@example.com.
- Provide as much specificity as possible as to the nature of your question and codes (if known) in question.
- Please see the resources listed below for questions that may be answered online.
Much of the information relevant to commercial and residential construction requirements and standards is available at the following web links:
- California Building, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Code
- Planning and Building Codes (includes City of Oakland Amendments to the California codes)
- Residential Repair Inspection Manual (guide for permitted Residential Building Inspections)
- Commonly Requested Planning & Building Forms (required and informational forms and checklists)
- PG&E Green Book (includes all PG&E requirements for electric and gas services)
For questions regarding historical buildings or the Historical Building Code please contact Betty Marvin at firstname.lastname@example.org
To inquire about the status of a contractor’s license, or to file a complaint, please contact the California State License Board: http://www.cslb.ca.gov/