This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
MeetingsAll Meetings »
Public Workshop #5 will be held on November 29, 2018 at 6 pm at the West Oakland Senior Center, 1724 Adeline St, Oakland. At this meeting the draft Plan will be presented and discussed. Please join us to see how the Plan is coming together and discuss its implementation before it is refined into the final Plan.
Please email or call us if you’d like to provide input on the draft Plan. Contact details for staff are at the bottom of this webpage.
About the Plan
The Plan might include:
- Analysis of where trucks drive and park in the West Oakland area
- “Traffic-calming” ideas so that trucks stay on designated truck routes
- Better signs so that truck routes and non-truck routes are clearly seen
- Outreach and better communication with truck drivers about where they can and cannot drive in West Oakland
- Improvements at the Port so that trucks waiting to deliver or pick up do not wait in line nor create backups on to city streets
Now that new buildings are starting to be built at the former OAB and elsewhere at the Port, the City and Port are embarking on an 8 to 9 month process with the community to develop this Plan. We expect to have a draft Plan for public review around November, 2018.
The City and Port welcome and encourage you to help us prepare this Plan.
The fourth Community Workshop was held on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at the West Oakland Senior Center. Potential Solutions were presented and the public provided their input on prioritizing these solutions. Read documents above for more information about this workshop including the meeting agenda, power point presentation and Potential Solutions posters.
- The fourth Community Workshop was held on Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
- The third Community Workshop was held on Saturday, April 7, 2018.
- The second Community Workshop was held on December 2, 2017.
- The first Community Workshop was held on October 11, 2017.
To view the informational documents that were presented at Public Workshop #4 on July 18, 2018, click on the Related documents tab at the top of this webpage.
To view the informational documents that were presented at Public Workshop #3 on April 7, 2018 click on the Related documents tab at the top of this webpage.
The following reports analyze the location and amount of trucks parking in West Oakland over the past 3 years:
- West Oakland Truck Parking Survey 2017
- West Oakland Truck Parking Survey 2016
- West Oakland Truck Parking Survey 2015
The following report summarizes City regulations about Truck Routes and truck parking:
- Phone Number: Patricia McGowan, City of Oakland: (510) 238-3588 Andrea Gardner, Port of Oakland: (510) 627-1181