Multiple opportunities to provide input and feedback to the 2023 update were provided from April – June and July – August 2021 and again January – March 2023. The primary changes that were incorporated into the EOP include:
- EOC activation levels were updated to be consistent with national standards,
- Roles and responsibilities were updated based on changes in City organizational structure,
- The hazard profiles were updated based on the 2021 Local Hazard Mitigation Plan (LHMP),
- The EOP underwent a Race and Equity Impact Analysis with community input to ensure equitable response procedures.
- The EOC structure was updated to be consistent with California standard roles.
- All Emergency Support Function annexes were vetted with stakeholders to update the tasks in different phases of responses.
- The hazard specific annexes were updated with data from the LHMP.
- The policy group membership and role was further defined.