This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.

Grading Permit Form


Read the Oakland Grading Ordinance

Read Online

You need a special grading permit in order to pave on your building site. You also need a grading permit to remove, import, or move soil around during your project that changes the slope or elevation of the site.