- Oakland’s streets are a network of 2,300 lane miles.
- The streets are currently on an 85-year resurfacing cycle, which means a street will be resurfaced once in your lifetime. The industry standard is a 25-year cycle.
- 39% of streets are in Good to Excellent condition; 38% in Fair condition; and 23% in Poor condition.
- There are also 1,120 miles of linear sidewalk, which is the distance from Oakland to El Paso, TX and 150 blocks of pedestrian pathways.
- Property owners are responsible for maintaining the sidewalks adjacent to their property, unless damaged from one of 38,400 city-owned street trees.
Streets and Sidewalks
We keep Oakland's Streets and Sidewalks working to help Bicyclists, Pedestrians and Motorists get around easily