How to Apply:
Application packages must be submitted online.
Applications must include three PDF attachments, titled with applicant's name (e.g. JaneDoe_OakDOTapp.pdf):
a. A cover letter. We suggest addressing the following topics: What motivated you to apply for an intern position with OakDOT? In what areas are you hoping to grow through an internship with OakDOT? How will you leverage this internship to advance your career?
c. Unofficial transcript (official transcript will need be provided later)
- Must be currently enrolled full time in a Community College, Undergraduate Program, or Graduate Program
- Applicants will apply for one of three internship classifications: Student Trainee, Engineer Intern, or Management Intern. An Engineering Intern must be currently enrolled in an engineering undergraduate program. A Management Intern must be currently enrolled in a Graduate Degree program.
- Student Trainees must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19
- No prior job experience is required. Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the desired skills is qualifying
Interns may work a maximum of 960 hours per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
- Student Trainee (undergraduate) $30.50
- Engineering Intern (undergraduate) $27.97 - $29.40
- Management Intern (graduate students) $37.36
- Applications are expected to open in January or February 2024
Applicants from diverse disciplines are encouraged to apply. Disciplines may include, but are not limited to, Communications, City and Regional Planning, Computer Science, Geography, Journalism, Public Administration, Public Policy, Ethnic Studies, Public Health, Public Relations, Transportation, Engineering, Environmental Design or other interdisciplinary programs providing the requisite abilities.
We strongly encourage BIPOC, people with disabilities, women, and people with other underrepresented identities to apply.