This website is a work in progress. If you'd like to give website feedback you can fill out our public survey here.
- Bonsai Garden The City of Oakland partnered with the Golden State Bonsai Federation to build this garden.
- Childrens Fairyland This historic 10-acre outdoor park brings children's literature to life through fairy tale exhibits, animals, and talking storybooks that children activate by turning a "Magic Key."
- The Gardens at Lake Merritt The Gardens at Lake Merritt, a seven-acre collection of themed gardens, is conveniently located in the heart of Oakland at Lakeside Park, our nation’s first wildlife refuge. Established more than a half century ago, the Gardens maintain the highest standards of horticulture and historic preservation, while providing enriching public programs.
- Edoff Memorial Bandstand The Edoff Memorial Bandstand was built in 1923 and was recently renovated after the damaged incurred during the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake. Oakland Municipal Band occasionally performs weekend concerts at the bandstand.
- Lakeside Park Garden Center features a Japanese garden and koi pond and an extensive array of herb and flower gardens.
- Junior Center of Arts & Science The Junior Center of Art and Science encourages children's active wonder and creative responses through artistic and scientific exploration of their natural urban environment.
- Lake Merritt There are several parks and amenities nearby that you can enjoy including gardens, athletic fields, and more.
- Lake Merritt Boating Center The Lake Merritt Boating Center rents a variety of non-motorized boats to the public to enjoy leisure afternoons and weekends with family and friends.
- Lake Merritt Sailboat House The Sailboat House is a rental facility which features a main room with floor-to-ceiling windows and a spacious outdoor balcony with a sweeping view of Lake Merritt.
- Oakland Lawn Bowling Club The Oakland Lawn Bowling Club invites everyone to join in special events and invitation matches.
- Rotary Nature Center Constructed in 1953, the Rotary Nature Center offers a variety of services such as outreach programs, and summer day camps instructed by our dedicated naturalist staff.
- Sally Rutherford Thales Memorial Fountain This fountain was dedicated in 1961.
- Wildlife Sanctuary Lake Merritt is home to the nation's largest wildlife refuge and a sanctuary and stop-over for thousands of migratory birds.
Parking inside Lakeside Park on Bellevue Avenue is $2.00 for two hours (or $10 for all day parking) during weekdays and $5 all day parking on the weekend and holidays. Buses are $15 per vehicle daily parking. Special Event parking after 5pm is $10 per vehicle. The parking operating hours are from 7:30am until dusk.