NewsRelated News »
Jun 26, 2018
Building fees will change in July.
Types of Projects Subject to Impact Fees:
- Affordable Housing Impact Fees
- New housing units (including single-family, townhome, multi-family, live/work, and work/live units)
- Transportation and Capital Improvements Impact Fees
- New housing units (including single family, townhome, multi-family, live/work, and work/live units)
- New nonresidential projects
- Nonresidential projects with additional floor area
- Nonresidential projects with a "Change and Intensification of Use"
- Jobs/Housing Impact Fees (for projects that are 25,000 square feet or greater)
- New nonresidential buildings or additions for office or warehouse projects
- Nonresidential projects with a "Change and Intensification of Use" to an office or warehouse
- A nonresidential building that is vacant for a year or more that obtains a building permit for an office or warehouse activity
- School Impact Fee
- (Residential = $3.48 per sf and Commercial = $0.56 per sf)
Summary handout and tables of Impact Fee Amounts:
- Impact Fee Regulations Summary Handout (revised April 5, 2017)
- Tables of Impact Fee Amounts and Impact Fee Zones Maps Handout (revised January 4, 2018)
Oakland Municipal Code Chapters and Administrative Regulations for Impact Fees:
- Chapter 15.68 Jobs/Housing Impact Fee (Applies to Office and Warehouse Activities = $5.44 per sf)
- Chapter 15.72 Affordable Housing Impact Fees
- Chapter 15.74 Transportation and Capital Improvements Impact Fees
- City of Oakland Administrative Regulations for the Jobs/Housing Impact Fee
- City of Oakland Impact Fee Administrative Regulations and Manual for Affordable Housing, Transportation, & Capital Improvements Impact Fees, dated August 9, 2017
For more information on Permit Fees contact the following:
- Planning Permit Fees, contact the Zoning Hotline at: 510-238-3911
- Building Permit Fees, typically a rough estimate is 4 - 6% of the project evaluation, for more detailed information visit the Building Permit Counter at 250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, second floor, Suite 2114.
- New meter water fees: click here to visit East Bay MUD's website for information.