Questionnaire Assistance Center (QAC) Requirements
Have at least one (1) computer(s) with internet access available to the public for the purposes of engaging hard-to-count populations, especially those with limited or no internet access at home.
Maintain regular office hours.
Available for activation period between March 2020 to July 2020.
Outfit computer stations with marketing/branding material.
ADA Accessible. NOTE: Locations that are not ADA accessible may still be considered dependent on need.
Have available staff and/or volunteers on-site that are trained by the City, County or community partners to:
- Direct people to the Census questionnaire.
- Answer resource and information-based questions.
- Provide language assistance.
- Provide digital-literacy assistance.
Locations that do not have staff will work with the City, County, or community partner organizations to identify and recruit volunteers.
QAC Software Requirements
Since the QAC interface will be completely on the web, computers designated as a QAC just need to run the newest versions of a modern web browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. While it is not required, we recommend that the internet speed for QACs be a minimum of 5 Mbps. This will ensure that users do not experience delays navigating the site. Below are the minimum system requirements to run these browsers:
Windows Machines (all requirements must be met)
- At least an Operating System running Windows 10 or later
- At least an Intel Pentium 4 processor or later
- At least 100 MB of free hard drive space
- At least 128 MB of RAM
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later