Request a Code Enforcement Compliance Extension

If you need more time to comply with your issued Notice of Violation (NOV), you may request a Code Enforcement Compliance Extension.

Before you Start

Please have your complaint number and the name of your issuing inspector available before completing your request. If you do not have this information, you can find it on our Online Portal. In addition, the form will ask if you have applied for permits, are in legal proceedings, or will be selling the property. Please make sure to have this information if your extension request will be based on any of these items.

What to Do

  1. Step One: Complete Form

    Click on the button below to be taken to our online Code Enforcement Compliance Extension Form.

    Complete Form
  2. Step Two: Inspector Review

    Your request will be emailed to your assigned inspector. Please allow three (3) business days for review of your request.

Need to Know


Call (510) 238-3381 or email You can also find quick answers through our Permit & Services Questions Portal.



Planning & Building
Code Enforcement Services

Related Services

Related Resources

Was this page helpful?

Report a problem with this page