Effective March 1, 2023, Regular City Council and Committee meetings are being held in-person and teleconference via Zoom for the public.
The public may observe and/or participate in City Council and Committee meetings in multiple ways.
- You can watch meetings on KTOP Channel 10 on Xfinity or AT&T Channel 99 Government Access to locate KTOP Channel 10. You can also watch KTOP Live online at https://www.oaklandca.gov/services/ktop-tv10-program-schedule and click view.
- You can view the meetings online by the meeting calendar at https://oakland.legistar.com/calendar.aspx by clicking “In Progress”.
- There are two ways to join meetings via Zoom; by video (computer/smart device) or phone. See the agenda for details. If participating by video, you would click the link provided on the face of the agenda. For more technical information about joining a meeting, please visit - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193.
- If participating by phone, you would dial in using one of the phone numbers on the face of the agenda. You would then enter the webinar ID number also provided on the face of the agenda.
Members of the public wishing to provide public comment during a meeting must submit a speaker card. Please see detailed instructions on the face of the agenda.
- E-Comment: Go to City of Oakland - Calendar (legistar.com), click the e-comment hyperlink next to your preferred meeting and submit your comments. E-comments are delivered To Council Members. To allow councilmembers time to digest your comments, E-Comments must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to the meeting time.
You may also send emails to the entire City Council by emailing email@example.com or emailing your Councilmember directly. Unsure of who your Councilmember is? Use the Councilmember locator found here.
Here are some additional resources on how to participate in Council meetings via Zoom:
Instructions on how to join a meeting by video conference are available at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193
Instructions on how to join a meeting by phone are available at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362663
Instructions on how to “Raise Your Hand” are available at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205566129