Construction and Demolition Recycling Requirements
The City of Oakland requires projects subject to the C&D Recycling Ordinance (affected projects) to recycle:
- 100% of all Asphalt & Concrete (A/C) materials, and
- 65% of all other materials
- All New Construction
- All Mixed Use Alterations
- All Historic Resource Removal
- Demolition (except Single Family Dwellings)
- Additions and Alterations:
- Projects with Design Review & Landscape Plan: Total floor area of 500 square feet or more
- Non-Residential Construction: Valuation of $50,000 or greater; scope of 1000 square feet or more
- Single Family Dwellings; Duplex Conversion: Increase in volume or conditioned space
Required Forms for Affected Projects
- A Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan (WRRP) that shows how the project will salvage and/or recycle 100% of asphalt & concrete debris, and at least 65% of all other materials.
- WRRPs must be submitted online.