The Equity Permit Program described under OMC 5.80.045 and OMC 5.81.060 defines an “Equity Applicant” as an Applicant whose ownership/owner:
1. Is an Oakland resident; and
2. Has an annual income at or less than 80 percent of Oakland Average Medium Income (AMI) adjusted for household size; and
- $73,100 for a one-person household
- $83,550 for a two-person household
- $94,400 for a three-person household
- $104,000 for a four-person household
- $112,800 for a five-person household
- $121,150 for a six-person household
- $129,500 for a seven-person household
- $137,850 for an eight-person household
(i) has lived in any combination of Oakland police beats 2X, 2Y, 6X, 7X, 19X, 21X, 21Y, 23X, 26Y, 27X, 27Y, 29X, 30X, 30Y, 31Y, 32X, 33X, 34X, 5X, 8X and 35X for at least ten of the last twenty years
(ii) was arrested after November 5, 1996 and convicted of a cannabis crime committed in Oakland.
For proof of income please provide federal tax returns and at least one of the following documents: two months of pay stubs, current Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet or proof of current eligibility for General Assistance, Food Stamps, Medical/CALWORKs or Supplemental Security Income or Social Security Disability (SSI/SSDI).
For proof of residency a minimum of two of the documents listed below, evidencing 10 years of residency shall be considered acceptable proof of residency. All residency documents must list the applicant’s first and last name, and the Oakland residence address in applicable police beats. Documents provided in 2020 will not be considered for proof a year of residency, it can be used for proof of current residency only.
- California driver's record; or
- California identification card record; or
- Property tax billing and payments; or
- Verified copies of state or federal income tax returns where an Oakland address is listed as a primary address; or
- School records; or
- Medical records; or
- Banking records; or
- Oakland Housing Authority records; or
- Utility, cable or internet company billing and payment covering any month in each of the ten years.
Proof of Conviction should be demonstrated through Court documents, Probation documents, Department of Corrections or Federal Bureau of Prisons documentation that clearly indicates the arrest occurred in Oakland, CA.