The City of Oakland Zero Emission Vehicle Action Plan will provide a roadmap for transitioning to a zero emission transportation system. Governor Gavin Newsom declared that all new passenger cars and trucks sold in California must be zero-emission by 2035. The Plan will help to achieve that goal, and builds on existing goals and objectives outlined in California’s 2016 ZEV Action Plan, the Bay Area’s 2013 PEV Readiness Plan.
The plan will include strategies to increase access to zero emission vehicles (ZEV), electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), and hydrogen fueling stations for all Oakland residents and visitors.
The Plan will include six chapters:
- Existing conditions (Click here for maps and more info about ZEVs in Oakland)
- Charging in multi-unit buildings
- Curbside charging
- Economic development and the jobs pipeline
- Medium and heavy duty fleets
- Electric bikes and scooters
- November 2020: Curbside Charging Stakeholder Meeting - This virtual workshop brought together stakeholders to discuss barriers and pain points that exist for installing electric vehicle charging infrastructure, explore possible policy solutions and discuss how to implement these solutions equitably in the City of Oakland. A summary of this event can be found linked here.
- Spring/Summer 2021: Oakland Electrification + Decarbonization of Workforce Development Series: This series of stakeholder meetings are focused on jobs and workforce development to support the electrification of both Oakland's buildings and transportation system. Learn more at https://www.oaklandca.gov/proj...
- July & August 2021: On 7/29, Staff co-led a workshop on the Zero Emission Vehicle Action Plan in the Fruitvale neighborhood on with TransForm and the Spanish Speaking Citizens Foundation. An additional virtual workshop was held for West Oakland residents, co-led by West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project. Participants provided valuable feedback on the barriers they face and desires for clean mobility infrastructure in their neighborhood. For a summary of both workshops, Click Here.
Where would you like to see Electric Vehicle chargers in Oakland? Let us know using this Interactive Map to explore where existing chargers are located and identify locations where you'd like to see more. A survey version for feedback is available as well, Click Here.
If you'd like to receive updates about the Zero Emission Vehicle Plan, feel free to sign up for our e-mail list, Click Here.