This project will complete pavement rehabilitation on the following streets in 2021 and 2022. The following schedule is subject to change.
PLEASE NOTE: In August 2021, construction on this project was paused due to impacts related to Covid-19.
- THORNHILL DR (from MOUNTAIN BLVD to PINEHAVEN)
- Please note: This section of Thornhill is being paved under the Thornhill Safe Routes to School Project.
- THORNHILL DR (from MOUNTAIN BLVD to PINEHAVEN)
- MOUNTAIN BLVD (from KUHLNE AV to CALAVERAS AV)
- CHELTON DR (from HAVERHILL DR to CHELSEA DR) and BAGSHOTTE DR (from WESTOVER DR to CHELTON DR) will be repaved after PG&E's undergrounding project in Summer 2023.
- CHELSEA DR (from CHELTON DR to GIRVIN DR)
Update on Chelsea Drive
May 16, 2022 Update
The City has coordinated with the Geotechnical and Civil Engineer in regards to scope of repair. We are continuing our review of necessary permits at the state and federal level.
April 25, 2022 Update
The geotechnical analysis has been completed. Additionally, topography has been completed for the site.
Next steps are to:
- Review and confirm what necessary permits are needed (i.e. local, federal, etc) and their requirements/limitations.
- Investigate where property lines are located and see if there are any easements on private property.
- Coordinate with the Geotechnical Engineer and Civil Engineer for scope of repair.
March 25, 2022 Update
The boring/soil sample was done on 3/21/22. The geotechnical engineer will now be analyzing the soil sample.
March 17, 2022 Update
- Geotechnical Engineer will be taking boring/soil samples on Monday, March 21, 2022.
- Road closure and traffic control will be in place for Monday, March 21, 2022 and expected to last one day. Road closure will be between 2633 and 2615 Chelsea Drive.
February 28, 2022 Update
During the construction of the Oakland Hills Project, the Complete Streets Paving (CSP) Program was recently made aware of a landslide/erosion on Chelsea Drive.
At the site, staff found barriers protecting the area around the landslide/erosion area. In most landslide situations an engineering team is contacted when a slide is discovered that requires more response than a simply roadway cleanup. That did not occur in this instance, and OakDOT staff are investigating now to identify and correct any lapses in communication or coordination going forward.
The CSP Program has contacted a geotechnical engineering firm, who with their expertise, will allow the City to assess the situation and develop a plan for repairing the landslide/erosion.
The geotechnical engineering firm determined that the proposed paving for the street would need to be halted until repairs of the landslide/erosion can be completed.
Currently we have:
- Placed the barrier further into the street and placed temporary traffic signs to alert drivers of the new yielding one-way condition.
- Inspected the storm drain pipe for structural integrity.
- Pipe has been inspected and is in good condition.
Going forward, we will be working with the geotechnical engineering firm to:
- Obtain a topography of the site.
- Determine what options we have for repairing the landslide/erosion.
- Produce construction/repair plans.
The construction/repair plans is scheduled to be done be early summer 2022. After plans are completed, the City will then need to acquire funds and begin the process of acquiring the services of a construction company.
Paving will be scheduled after the repairs to the landslide/erosion have been completed.
- ALVARADO RD (from CLAREMONT AV to AMITO AV)
- ALVARADO RD (from CITY LIMIT to CITY LIMIT)
- ALHAMBRA LN (from THORNHILL DR to SOUTH END)
- CLAREMONT AV (from ALVARADO RD to GRIZZLY PEAK BV)
- HERMOSA AV (from FLORENCE AV to BROADWAY TERR)
- DULWICH RD (from HARBORD DR to HERMOSA AV)
- JACOBUS AV (from HERMOSA AV to EAST END)
- FLORENCE AV (from HERMOSA AV to BROADWAY TERR)
- ASCOT DR (from MOUNTAIN BLVD to CHELTON DR
- LA CUESTA ST (from CAMINO LENADA to ASCOT DR)
- ROBIN HOOD WY (from MERRIEWOOD DR to EAST END)
- ABBOTT DR (from SHERWOOD DR to EAST END)
- MERRIEWOOD DR (from TAURUS AV to SHERWOOD DR)
- TAURUS AV (from MERRIEWOOD DR to VALLEY VIEW RD)
- MORPETH ST (from FLORENCE AV to HARBORD DR)
- BIEHS CT (from HARBORD DR to EAST END)
- GRAND VIEW DR (from HILLER DR to DOROTHY PL)
- HOLMES AV (from FONTAINE ST to GREENLY DR)
- FONTAINE ST (from GOLF LINKS RD to FONTAINE OVRPSS)
- SAINT PAUL CT (from PROCTOR AV to MASONIC AV)
- TRUITT LN (from CLAREWOOD DR to NORTH END)
- LANE CT (from NORTH END to HARBORD DR)
- MARR AV (from HARBORD DR to LANE CT)
- OSTRANDER RD (from BROADWAY TERR to ROMANY RD)
- LA SALLE AV (from MOUNTAIN BLVD to MORAGA AV)
- MERCED AV (from MORAGA AV to LUCAS AV)
- ZINN DR (from DRAKE DR to NORTH END)
- THORNHILL DR (from SOBRANTE RD to SNAKE RD)
- MARDEN LN (from MERRIEWOOD DR to SOUTH END)
- CROWN AV (from MERRIEWOOD AV to MERRIEWOOD AV)
- GREENVIEW DR (from ROYAL OAK RD to ROYAL OAK RD)
- SEQUOYAH VIEW CT (from SEQU. VIEW DR to SOUTH END)
- SEQUOYAH VIEW DR (from OAK HILL RD to OAK HILL RD)
- FLORENCE AV (from HARBORD DR to EAST END)
- SHERIDAN RD (from BROADWAY TERR to SOUTH END)
- AGNES ST (from SHERIDAN RD TO ALTA RD)
- CASTLE PARK WY (from CASTLE DR to CASTLE DR)
- BALMORAL DR (from SKYLINE BLVD to NORTH END)
- MOUNTAIN BLVD (from MONZAL AV to NORTH END)
- SNAKE RD (from MOUNTAIN BLVD to COLTON DR)
- THACKERAY DR (from WESTOVER DR to CHELSEA DR)
- SHELTERWOOD DR (from SHEP.CANY.RD to WESTOVER DR)
- JOAQUIN MILLER (from MOUNTAIN BLVD to SOUTH END)
- LEONA ST (from MOUNTAIN VIEW to RUSTING AV)