Your Grand Your Vision
The Oakland Department of Transportation (OakDOT) needs your input for the Grand Avenue Mobility Plan to create a corridor that reinforces fair and just treatment, and safety for all.
There are two ways for you to engage right now:
1) a survey and 2) an interactive web map. The web map will allow you to drop points on the corridor where you experience issues. The survey will ask questions about how you use Grand Avenue about your visions for Grand Avenue in the future. Please visit: https://bit.ly/oaklandgrandave to help create a community-led vision for Grand Avenue.
More on the Project
The Grand Avenue Mobility Plan will collaborate with AC Transit, community-based organizations, and Oaklanders along the corridor to conceptualize an implementable plan that will enhance transit service and improve traffic safety on this high injury corridor without impeding goods movement. The extent of the corridor study spans from Mandela Parkway to MacArthur Boulevard, including distinct neighborhoods along Grand Avenue.
Goals of the Planning Process
- Educate about Project Goals and Timeline – Convey information to stakeholders about the Grand Avenue Mobility Plan in a way that is accessible, meaningful, and linguistically appropriate, including a timeline for the project and milestones at which people can provide feedback.
- Build Relationships and Shared Language of Goals and Vision– The project process will be amplified by the support of local community organizations, stakeholders, and youth. The process aims to build local champions and ensure the plan and identified alternative(s) have community buy-in and support.
- Gather Input on the Diverse Needs and Uses of Grand Avenue – The process aims to capture and integrate how residents and other stakeholders use and envision the Grand Avenue corridor. The project team aims to seamlessly integrate the engagement process with the technical process to ensure community and stakeholder input is reflected in the final product.
- Comprehensive Corridor Plan
- Final Product – After listening and collaborating with community and agency stakeholders, the project team will put together a comprehensive plan including data collection/analysis, reflections from engagement process, corridor concepts, funding opportunities, and implementation plan.
Other Projects in the Area
7th Street Connection Project: The 7th Street Connection Project is an effort by OakDOT to target State or Local Transportation Grant funding to go above and beyond what is planned as part of repaving, and to extend the project limits to connect to Downtown Oakland. Please visit 7th Street Connection Project website to learn more information and provide feedback.