On Monday, November 30, 2020, Oakland Police Officers arrested two men in connection to three separate armed robberies. The crime spree occurred in less than an hour.
The first incident occurred just after 9:15 AM, in the 300 block of Palm Avenue. The second incident happened 10 minutes later in the 500 block of Vernon Street. The third incident occurred at 955 AM, in the 3400 block of Lakeshore Avenue.
Officers responded to the area, and at approximately 11:40 AM, the two men were taken into custody in connection to the robberies in the 400 block of Orange Street.
One firearm was recovered. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact the investigators at (510) 238-3326.
AS A SAFETY REMINDER:
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Don’t be distracted by cell phones and electronic devices.
- Stay in well-lit and populated areas.
- Be especially alert when entering and exiting your vehicle.
- Remember to lock your car door after entering your vehicle.
- If someone or something looks suspicious, call the police.
OPD encourages residents and business owners to consider installing security cameras as well as alarms. These technologies can both deter crime and help solve crimes after they occur. https://www.oaklandca.gov/serv...