PG&E’s de-energize schedule remains in place with the de-energization in Oakland slated to begin at 12 noon. PG&E has informed the City that the 4-hour notifications calls have begun to their impacted customers.
The decision to turn off power, and the speed at which it is restored, is planned and managed solely by PG&E.
PG&E has opened a Customer Support Center at a parking lot at Merritt College, 12500 Campus Drive, Lot B, Oakland CA 94619. PG&E will provide an air-conditioned space where residents can charge devices. The center will operate from 8am to 8pm.
The City’s Emergency Operations Center is in a 24-hour operational mode.
When the power shutoff occurs PG&E, the Oakland Police Department of Transportation will deploy additional neighborhood patrols and provide traffic safety support at key intersections where signals are out.
In addition to the Oakland Fire Department’s normal operations, firefighters will conduct roving fire patrols in the Oakland Hills. These resources will augment the department’s normal hill company patrols that are out during high fire danger. Additionally, the State of California Office of Emergency Services is pre-positioning fire suppression resources in Oakland and the region.
City Facility and Program Impacts
Joaquin Miller Park is closed to the public on Red Flag days. Signs will be posted at all park entrances and trails regarding the closure.
Recreation Center Closures
The following facilities will be closed until facility power is restored and the Red Flag Waring is lifted:
- Dimond Recreation Center & Lions Pool
- East Oakland Sports Center
- Redwood Heights Recreation Center
- Sheffield Village Recreation Center
- Montclair Recreation Center
- Dunsmuir Hellman Historic Estate
- Joaquin Miller Community Center
- Leona Lodge
- Sequoia Lodge
Key Phone Numbers for Assistance
- Only call 911 for life-threatening situations requiring immediate attention
- Call 311 for City maintenance issues such as a fallen tree or blocked street
- Call 211 for critical human services information regarding emergency shelters, disaster relief services, assistance with temporary housing, and other basic social needs.
Please check www.oaklandca.gov for ongoing updates.
# # #