MeetingsRelated Meetings »
Oct 03, 2018
Nov 07, 2018
Dec 05, 2018
NewsRelated News »
May 11, 2018
The app is located in the complaint portal of the CPRA, https://apps.oaklandca.gov/CPRA/ and is a case management system that will also improve internal tracking, investigation, and data collection of complaints.
The Community Policing Advisory Board (CPAB) was established in 1996 to:
- Monitor and report to the Mayor and City Council on the implementation of community policing as described in Resolution 79235,
- Provide recommendations to the Mayor, City Council, and City staff on steps to improve community policing
- Serve as advisors to the Chief of Police and police command staff on community policing matters
- Maintain communication between the Police Department and the neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils and Neighborhood Watch groups and Merchants Watch groups.
- Assist in educating and informing the public about community policing, it current progress and its direction
- Authorize Neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils and mediate disputes.
CPAB Resolution #79235