Alert: An Air Quality Advisory has been issued for the entire Bay Area. The current air quality in Oakland is UNHEALTHY. Stay inside. Limit outdoor activities.
MeetingsView All Meetings »
NewsRelated News »
The Community Policing Advisory Board (CPAB) was established in 1996 to:
- Monitor and report to the Mayor and City Council on the implementation of community policing as described in Resolution 79235,
- Provide recommendations to the Mayor, City Council, and City staff on steps to improve community policing
- Serve as advisors to the Chief of Police and police command staff on community policing matters
- Maintain communication between the Police Department and the neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils and Neighborhood Watch groups and Merchants Watch groups.
- Assist in educating and informing the public about community policing, it current progress and its direction
- Authorize Neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils and mediate disputes.
CPAB Resolution #79235