Historical Information Available at: http://oaklandnet/home/Governm...
- There are 15 Members on the Commission.
- Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council upon the recommendation of a responsible City Officer.
- Prospective members should contact the Mayor’s Office.
- Members serve three-year terms. These are organized so that five members' terms end on or around October 1st of each year.
- Members may be removed from the Commission by the Mayor for cause (e.g., conviction of a felony, misconduct, incompetence, inattention or more than three unexcused absences).