The DVP’s response to these scenes is intended to accomplish the following goals:
- Interrupt immediate efforts to retaliate by requesting a 72-hour pause from impacted parties and simultaneously activating violence interrupters and other credible messengers to facilitate mediation conversations.
- Reduce community trauma by offering prompt services and support to victims and family members.
- Improve community views of government by demonstrating a consistent and compassionate response from DVP staff.
- Develop trusting relationships with individuals impacted by gun violence in order encourage service uptake and facilitate future mediation activities.
- Identify intersections of network violence and GBV in order to best prevent future violence and support victims, family members, and peers with services.
FY 23-25 Grantees: