Planning Code Amendments Public Hearing Drafts
The proposed Planning Code amendments encourage different housing types, incentivize affordable housing, reduce constraints on housing development, and protect areas and populations affected by pollution. General Plan Text and Map Amendments include conforming revisions to the Land Use and Transportation Element.
The proposed Planning Code Amendments and corresponding General Plan text amendments are available below.
The proposed Planning Code Amendments further equitable implementation of 18 actions identified in the Housing Element, one policy in the draft Safety Element and one action in the draft EJ Element. Included below is an analysis of how the proposed zoning code amendments further equity by addressing the REIA recommendations for each of the 20 actions and policies.
- Exhibit 1 - Missing Middle Code Package (9.1.23)
- Exhibit 2 - Commercial Zones Package (9.1.23)
- Exhibit 3 - S13 and S14 Overlay Zones (9.1.23)
- Exhibit 4 - Industrial Planning Code Amendments (9.1.23)
- Exhibit 5 - General Planning Code Amendments, as amended by City Council 9.12.23
- Exhibit 6 - Minor Planning Code Amendments (9.1.23)
- General Plan Land Use Text Amendments (Public Hearing Draft)
- Planning Code Amendments Racial Equity Impact Assessment