You can host events such weddings, baptisms, quinceañeras, birthday parties etc. Facility amenities include, two meeting rooms, a collegiate-level gymnasium, home and visiting locker-rooms with showers, and a performance stage. Other facility features include a commercial kitchen and large lobby play area featuring various gaming amenities (including pool and ping/pong tables). Also, outdoor areas offer a large softball/baseball field, grassy field areas, play structure, lighted tennis courts, picnic area(s) with grills, and a large parking lot to accommodate for event patrons.
- After-school care
- Elementary drop-in
- Teen/young adult drop-in (basketball)
- Adult basketball (Oakland Independent Basketball League)
- Chicago Steppin'
- Seasonal camps (during winter, spring and summer breaks)
- Parent-child playgroup for ages 2-5 years
- Karate (ages 6 to adult)
- Swimming at the East Oakland Sports Center
- School Day Play (physical activity for youth from Brookfield Elementary School)
- Seasonal sports leagues for youth, including flag-football, basketball, track, soccer
- C.I.T. (Counselor in Training, 13-16 yrs)
- Tumbling/tot play (3-5 yrs)
- Pee Wee basketball (3-5 yrs)
- IJ tot soccer clinics (3-5 yrs)
- Ace Kids Golf (8- 18 yrs)
Renting Ira Jinkins Recreation Center
You can find the application materials below or pick them up from the front desk.
You can reserve Ira Jinkins Recreation Center 30 days to 11 months in advance of the requested reservation date. If a request is approved for an event within two weeks to 30 days, you must pay a service fee. NO reservation requests are accepted less than two weeks in advance.