Oakland's Central Location is
- Located in Alameda County with 56 square miles of land, 19 miles of coastline, and magnificent rolling hills.
- Convenient to all major employment and residential centers in the greater Bay Area.
- Situated at crossroads of major freeways and transit systems, Oakland is closer to more of the region’s workforce than most other cities in the Bay Area.
- An international gateway, with more than $33 billion of goods passing through the Port of Oakland each year.
- Oakland is active in cultural exchanges with its Sister Cities around the globe.
- Oakland is simply a great place to live and work, with wonderful weather; dynamic local culture; and an eclectic blend of shops, restaurants, and attractions; and access to world-renowned higher education.